I arrived at the ThinkTank at 4:30pm on Monday, the 22nd. Cathi and I loaded the truck and were raring to go.

We left at about 5:30, hoping to make it to Willows by 10pm. The trip there was uneventful for the most part, but there are some pretty frightening little towns off of I-5 up north.

4 hours later...

We finally made it, and boy, we were tired. Our luxurious accomdations at the Super 8 Motel was a sight for sore eyes.

The wake up call came at 5:45am. You have to really like Cathi to get up that early. It's a good thing that I do. Anyway, after some chitchat about the boys next door and watching a few minutes of "Fit and Nifty after 50" on the tube, we left for our adventurous day.

We arrived at the track at 7am and signed our life away. We had some trouble getting the bike off the truck because the angle was too steep but some very nice men helped us out.

And we only managed to break part of the fairing in the process.. :)

The day was broken up into classroom time and track time. I liked classroom time because it gave me a chance to sleep while Cathi was in learning stuff.

Watching the bikes go around the track was way fun. There was a good display of sportbikes out there, zipping around and showing off.
Cathi looked way cool on the track.

This is her as she's coming out of Turn 9. See how fast she's going? vRoOooOM!

There was a suprising amount of little annoying bugs flying around (you should see the windsheild of my truck - yuck).

It was humorous to see most of the motorcyclists cleaning off their visors after a run on the track.

Sometimes after your turn on the track, you get tips from the instructors.

After about 4 hours, people started to look tired. Excited, but tired. Cathi was one of them. She sat out one session to catch up on some much needed zz's.

Things started winding down at around 5pm. With the help of Cathi's folks (very cool people, by the way), we loaded the truck and were ready to hit the road again.

I gassed up the truck, Cathi and I split a pizza and we were on the road by 6pm.
I don't know how it happened (really officer, I don't), but we drove 240miles in 3hrs 15min (you do the math). We must've hit some Twilight Zone pockets that took us back in time along the way.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.. :)

We got back to ThinkTank at 9:15, unloaded and nearly collapsed. I would have completely collapsed, but I still had to drive 35miles to get home. But let me tell you, when I did get home, I fell promptly asleep.

It was a fun day but a long day, well worth the trip. Cathi is rad and one of the most awesome people I know.

The End.